[Gllug] Can't connect to the Internet.

Dermot Moynihan dermoyn at onetel.net.uk
Mon Oct 28 15:21:10 UTC 2002

I bought my first ever Linux OS Saturday: SUSE 8.1 Pro. Well, after
spending all day yesterday trying to get my external modem, which it has
recognised, and which appears to work, to dial my ISP's number and get me
access to the Internet, and failing dismally, I'm at my wits end.
  The modem does work - I have Mandrake on another H/D and I checked it
there and I was able to get on the Internet no problem.
Don't assume from the last sentence that I know much about Linux. My
knowledge would fit on the head of a pin. And a sharp one at that.
I'm trying to get away from Gates but alas, the road is all up hill. I may
have to invest in a pair of stout boots. They weren't included with the
package.
Thanks
Dermot

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk