[Gllug] Sendmail and hostnames

Jonathan Dye jonathan.dye at automationpartnership.com
Tue Oct 8 07:44:14 UTC 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to configure sendmail by editing sendmail.cf and I'm a bit stuck.
My box has the dns entries <something>.org and <something>.co.uk
I want email that is sent from the box to have <something>.org appended to
any emails where the from is just the username.  However, if I specify the
email address to be jon@<something>.co.uk I don't want it to be re-written
to jon@<something>.org.

I haven't worked out how to do this yet, I tried:

Cw<something>.co.uk
Cw<something>.org
DM<something>.org

but that rewrites everything.  Can anyone tell me how to do it or point me
in the right direction.

JD

--
Jonathan Dye, The Automation Partnership(Cambridge) Ltd
Registered Office: York Way, Royston, Hertfordshire, SG8 5WY, UK
mailto:jonathan.dye at automationpartnership.com

MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk