[Gllug] Reminder: Linux Volunteering Meeting this Thursday

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Tue Oct 8 09:26:05 UTC 2002

On Tue 08 Oct, Clare Hillyard Melia bloviated thus:
> It's highly likely (85%) that I will be able to attend this, but only for an
> hour.  I'll take your phone number, Simon, but how will I recognise you?

http://www.rumble.net and have a look at the piccies.  You might want
your peril sensitive sunglasses though.  Key features: glasses and
blonde/ginger beard.

> In case I can't make it, a reminder of my skills:
> My technical experience is low, but I have worked extensively in the NGO
> sector and I have strong administrative skills, lots of experience
> faciliating meetings and delivering training. ?

Excellent!  Groups like this always need administrative people and
it's something geeks hate.  If you're on this list, however, I suspect
you underrate your tech skills.  Often help is just hand-holding of
clients during the transition.

> If I do not attend, I would be comfortable with being asked to do some work
> after the meeting, but would not be able to do anything for the next
> fortnight.  After that I would probably be able to give two hours a week on a
> regular basis.

Great.  I'll post a report when the meeting is finished for anyone who
can't make it.

Does anyone know how to get a list set up on linux.co.uk?  I've tried
without success...  Can someone give the hamster a kick?

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

 "It's the good girls who keep the diaries, the bad
  girls never have the time."
- Tallulah Bankhead