[Gllug] Phoneline DACSed today. Now reduced to 28.8kbps

Adam Bower adam.bower at framestore-cfc.com
Wed Oct 9 08:46:38 UTC 2002

Garry Heaton wrote:

> Has anyone any experience of this? If so, is there any precedent for
> getting BT to un-DACS if the protest is loud enough?

Pray for lightning to hit the main trunk.... When i lived at my parents
the modem connection was a bit upity, but then one big thunderstorm I
had my modem blown clean in two and the pair back the exchange wrecked
too. I got put on nice new cable and all my problems went away.

I would still complain to BT though, you may get lucky if they know you
are in a problem area and each complain may help to get you upgraded
before some other person but don't count on it. Or buy a few BT shares,
then as a shareholder they have to listen to you at least.

Adam

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk