[Gllug] OT: Good ISP & Offsite Storage

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Tue Sep 3 14:51:21 UTC 2002

On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Ian Norton wrote:

> basically, its a .org and a .net  i want the nameserver to be changed one of my
> private ones, (ukreg wont do this, i have to transfer it to a 'registered'
> nameserver whatever that means)
>
> the problem is ukreg.com wont let me change the nameserver to ones they dont
> like (literally ive had an email saying we could let you use that nameserver
> but we areny going to,  gits
>
> i want the domain registrar to let me specify my own ips for the nameservers

That is entirely reasonable.

I'm almost finished putting together our domain registration system here
however as it is OpenSRS based I could handle this all for you right away.

You'd have full management of the domain directly via the OpenSRS web
management interface and be free to make such changes without any need to
have us intervene for you.

You'd have your own login to OpenSRS for your domain(s).

We don't charge a transfer fee however for .org and .net (like .com)
domains transfering the domain results in an automatic extension of the
registration so there would be a £12.50 charge for each domain.

If you are interested let me know and I'll set it up for you.

Jason Clifford
--
UKPOST.COM	 	           get your @ukpost.com address now...
http://www.ukpost.com/	 	   professional hosting and colocation