[Gllug] Firewire cards

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Fri Sep 6 15:45:44 UTC 2002

Hi,

I have a Panasonic digital video recorder that has what looks like a firewire
connector on the front (says DVi on it).  I would like to get a firewire card
and download video to my PC and edit it and then record to video.  I obviously
want to do this in Linux.

I was wondering if others have done similar things and have any pointers, like
do I need any special software to get the video (I guess I can use broadcast3000
to edit, but what about capture?) I have seen this firewire card from scan:

http://web6.scan.co.uk/Products/Info.asp?WPID=19528

Is this likely to work?  Can anyone recommend one?

TIA
Will.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk