[Gllug] Linux Volunteering: meet up Thursday 10th October

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Mon Sep 30 21:37:14 UTC 2002

Okay well there seems to be stacks of people interested in helping
non-profits use Linux and generally helping out.  This is excellent!

So I propose we all meet up for beers and discussion very soon.  We
should hammer down what we can offer, what groups we would like to
target and how things will work.  In the course of which, we will
drink beer.

I propse somewhere in Central-ish London on Thursday 10th October
starting about 19:30 and going on until we head home.

Why that date?  Weeknights are good for me, weekends not so good.  A
couple of weeks should be plenty of notice for anyone who has the
spare time to volunteer!

So can someone suggest a quiet-ish pub in Central London where we're
likely to be able to get a table?  I guess somewhere we could actually
book a room would be perfect, but unlikely.  Food would be a nice
bonus so we don't have to move and confuse latecomers.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

 "A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should
  be done for the first time."
- Alfred E Wiggam