[Gllug] Courier IMAP problems

Stephen Harker steve at pauken.co.uk
Fri Apr 11 14:40:20 UTC 2003

Pete Ryland wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 02:06:51PM +0100, Stephen Harker wrote:
>
>>Hi All.
>>I recently transferred the company email from uw-imap on Mandrake 9.0 to
>>Courier-imap on Debian Woody. It all works fine and dandy except that
>>very occasionally, emails will go missing. Usually when someone has
>>filed an email away from their Inbox to a sub-directory somewhere and
>>then gone looking for it later, and it's not there. I at first assumed
>>that it was Outlook Express so I got them using Mozilla. But then it
>>happened again and also recently to myself (using Evolution). So I'm now
>>assuming there is some strangeness going on with Courier or Debian.
>>Could it be because the Mail partition is an ext3 filesystem?
>>Is there any reason why this should happen?
>>I don't really even know where to start looking as it is such an
>>infrequent and inconsistent problem. Google hasn't as yet turned
>>anything up.
>>Clues?
>

> Filesystem filling up perhaps?  On Debian, /var is used more than in other
> distros.

debussy:~# df -h
/dev/sda1             2.0G  461M  1.4G  25% /
/dev/sdb1              15G   11G  3.3G  77% /home
/dev/sdb2             2.2G  320M  1.8G  16% /var
/dev/sda6             6.1G   33M  5.8G   1% /exports
/dev/sda7             4.2G  2.6G  1.5G  64% /mnt/files
debussy:~#

Seems to be loads of space.
SteveH

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk