[Gllug] Firewire on Suse 8.2 - Problem solved! Thanks!

Frank Kelly fkelly at organictv.clara.co.uk
Sat Apr 26 11:19:59 UTC 2003

Thanks Rich, for your response.  Tweaking the permissions on \dev\video1394
gave instant results.  I can now stop banging my head in frustration and bang
it in sheer excitement (newbie to video)!

I'm not sure I completely understand John's resolution query yet (will now
experiment) but a frame capture with Mainactor, of my desk and phone, seems
to show up fairly small features such as scratches etc and the .bmp file is
around 2 Mb so the result seems high enough res for my needs.

Best wishes

Frank Kelly

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk