[Gllug] Filesystems for Linux

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sat Apr 19 06:38:56 UTC 2003

Hello,
   Thanks for the replies so far, I had not heard any recent complaints
about any of the filesystems, and I understand that there is no shortage of
people testing them.

On Fri 18 Apr, James Bromberger wrote:

> (Still waiting for Hitachi to get back to me about my 22 month old drive
> being a useless shinny object with a lose part on the inside).

   I noticed that a drive looking very much like an IBM, with the same
series name as one of the IBM series of drives, was marked with a different
company name, although I can not remember which. I heard that IBM drives
made in one area only had been the cause of most of their problems, and that
they may have sold the factory. Was it Hitachi that purchased the old IBM
factories after IBM had their rash of problems?

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk