[Gllug] Camera problems. (USB mass storage device)

Peter Adamson mewv29 at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Aug 31 17:54:56 UTC 2003

Hmm I'm having a little bit of trouble getting a new digital camera to work.

It's a Kyocera finecam s5.

It's supposed to be a USB storage device.
I've already got an MP3 player which acts a a USB mass storage device.,
that I've already configured,
so usbdevfs is mounted etc.

I've put the camera into the MP3 players socket, guessing I could just
mount the camera like I do my MP3 player.
but I get:

[paga at localhost paga]$ mount /mnt/mp3/
mount: /dev/sda1 is not a valid block device
[paga at localhost paga]$

looking around:
/proc/scsi/usb-storage-0/1 shows:
[paga at localhost usb-storage-0]$ more 1
   Host scsi1: usb-storage
       Vendor: KYOCERA CORPORATION
      Product: Finecam S5
Serial Number: ????????????
     Protocol: Transparent SCSI
    Transport: Bulk
         GUID: 048201030000888888888888
     Attached: Yes

which is nice, but sg_scan (from sg3-utils)
isn't showing it.

[root at localhost root]# sg_scan -i
/dev/sg0: scsi0 channel=0 id=0 lun=0 [em]  type=5
    IDE-CD    R/RW 4x4x32       1.10 [wide=0 sync=0 cmdq=0 sftre=0 pq=0x0]
[root at localhost root]# sg_map
/dev/sg0  /dev/scd0

Any suggestions?

Cheers,