[Gllug] recommend a (web) hosting company for linux box

ben f ben_m_f at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 27 13:52:03 UTC 2003

> My advice, from having done exactly this myself,
> would be to recover the
> Compaq to your offices and use it as a development
> or staging box and use
> a managed service where the supplier provides all
> the kit. *Much* less
> hassle all round I found.

Simon:

Thanks for replying.

Let me just make sure I've understood you:

I get the box back and use it for testing etc. Then I
find someone to host my web services on their box.

Are you suggesting we use an existing box with their
OS config, or simply rent a 'fresh' box and configure
the OS and webserver ourselves as we see fit?

Thanks,

Ben

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk