[Gllug] recommend a (web) hosting company for linux box

Martin A. Brooks martin at clues.ltd.uk
Wed Aug 27 13:56:03 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 14:52, ben f wrote:
> Are you suggesting we use an existing box with their
> OS config, or simply rent a 'fresh' box and configure
> the OS and webserver ourselves as we see fit?

I doubt your hosting needs are so unique that they cannot be met by any
reasonable hosting company.

We don't host with apache2 (officially) yet but other than that there's
much you could possibly need that couldn't be provided for without you
needing a dedicated box or root access.

Paying for hosting space will also be vastly cheaper than colocating a
server.

Regards
--
Martin A. Brooks, Clues Ltd