[Gllug] Cyclists (off topic)

Andrew Halliwell ah at gnd.com
Tue Aug 12 10:45:23 UTC 2003

And verily, didst Jason Clifford announce to the hordes:
> > > A cyclist by comparison pays to buy his/her bike.
> >
> > And lights, locks, appropriate clothing (usually).
> > Lights and locks can add another 30 or 40 quid to the cost of a bike.
>
> Standard maintainance. How much does it cost to service a bike or to buy a
> replacement light?

Anything from 5 quid up for the light (depending on how flash you want to
be). Servicing can be done by hand though for most things (they're not
complicated machines), but if you DID need to take it in to halfords for a
bit of servicing, 20 quid up, I'd think...

Why?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk