[Gllug] Any PPP gurus?

Martin A. Brooks martin at clues.ltd.uk
Mon Dec 29 21:01:55 UTC 2003

At 20:23 29/12/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>and why
>upgrade to 2.4.22 when 2.6.0 is available?

Because 2.4.22/23 is a stable kernel that has tens of thousands of hours of
uptime and is the result of millions of hours of testing on the 2.4 kernel
series in production environments.  2.6.0 is not.

>Anyway, I can build and boot the 2.6 kernel without any problem, but I cannot
>get it to sustain the ppp connection with homechoice - I get an LCP timeout.

See if you get the same issue with 2.4.23, 2.6.0 is a very different beasty.

Martin A. Brooks, Clues Ltd.
http://www.clues.ltd.uk/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk