[Gllug] Anyone made practical use of a network detection program?

Phil Reynolds phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
Thu Dec 11 21:51:13 UTC 2003

I am wondering if anyone here has ever successfully used a
network-determining program to decide whether to set up a machine with
its normal static IP or to dhcp for one.

It would be helpful for me to be able to do so but I have not been able
to work out how to do it with any of the available programs.

If anyone can offer me practical advice, it would be much appreciated.

--
Phil Reynolds
 o  ____ mail: phil at tinsleyviaduct.com
|L_ \  / Web: http://www.tinsleyviaduct.com/phil/
(_)- \/  Waltham 67, Emley Moor 69, Droitwich 79, Windows 95

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk