[Gllug] domain name redirection

Jeremy Booth jeremy at computerbooth.com
Tue Dec 16 11:19:48 UTC 2003

ben f said:
> Hi
>
> I have adsl at home with a static ip, so I'd like to
> point my domain name's tags at that ip. Trouble is,
> DSVR won't do this as they don't want to be
> responsible for the DNS when I'm not paying them
> anything (although I did register the domain through
> them).

you gets what you pay for ;)

> Can anyone recommend a cheap (or free) way of
> transferring my tags over to the new ip?

Get youself a granite canyon account (never used them myself, but they are
supposed to be ok from what i've heard), update the dns entried to poin to
your adsl ip. Update the dns servers with your domain registrar to point
to the granite canyon dns server.

> BTW, I have 48 hours!!!!!

Unless you have someone with their own dns servers willing to help you
out, it could be tight, it can take that long just for the updated details
with your registrar to propogate.

HTH

Jeremy

--