[Gllug] mp3 encoding from Real Player output

bradut at intelesuri.net bradut at intelesuri.net
Wed Dec 31 08:32:48 UTC 2003

On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 11:54:06PM +0000, Tethys wrote:

> bradut at intelesuri.net writes:
>
> >The problem is that wav files are enormous in terms of disk space so
> >I've been trying to do the mp3 conversion on the fly so to speak.
>
> A bit of a copout, I know, but the obvious answer is to buy more
> storage. Disk space is cheap. Also, MP3 encoding is a CPU intensive
> process. Do you have a fast enough processor to do it in real time
> (I have no idea what current processors can do -- I do all my encoding
> on a 550MHz PIII).

Thanks for all of the replies.
As the quickest solution right now, I think I'll try to borrow one of
those usb hardisks (120GB) I bought for some colleagues a while ago and
just don't worry about the file size.
At least for now I've got some more pointers of what to try next, but it
will be well in the next year.

Thanks, once again.

Bradut
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk