[Gllug] More Microsoft patents

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Wed Feb 12 19:58:17 UTC 2003

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 03:09:39PM +0000, Pete wrote:
> And besides, there's nothing that any of these languages can do that can't
> be done (easily) in C, including OO (just look at glib/gtk/gnome).

GTK is object based, rather than object oriented, which is a significant
distinction.  As for comparing Perl with C, they tend to be used to
solve different kinds of problems (or should be).  For most of the
problems where Perl might be an appropriate solution, the alternatives
would be other scripting languages, rarely C.

--
Bruce

I unfortunately do not know how to turn cheese into gold.