Fw: RE: [Gllug] Deliberate Opera fudging by Microsoft

Pete Ryland pdr at pdr.cx
Wed Feb 12 10:13:26 UTC 2003

I'm not sure who's quoting who here so I'm going to top-post, but...

Considering this person works for MSNBC, I would say they are biased.  Also,
on that page you have referenced, there is a comment in response from the
original story poster claiming that the same results can be seen in Opera
6.0 as 7.0 and asking for an example of where it fails.  Anyway, the whole
discussion is just a tedious flame session.  I'm not willing to do the
testing/research, so I'm not going to enter into it - although it seems I
just have.

Pete, sucker to flame-bait.

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 01:13:19AM +0000, Alan Peery wrote:
> Ashley Evans wrote:
>
> >Has there yet been any "official" MS response to this?
> >

> A good friend who works at MSNBC fired up his copy of Opera 7.01 Monday,
> and then sent me an email saying it works.  Opera 6.0 had a weirdness
> that MSN was working around, 7.0 wasn't weird anymore, so web pages
> seemed broken. ((http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=53008&cid=5243652))
>
> From the description at the link above, I think MSN rather deserve
> praise for making it work nicely with Opera 6.0.
>
> Alan
>
> --
> Alan Peery -- peery at io.com
> Mankind is led into the darkness beyond our world by the inspiration
> of discovery and the longing to understand.  Our journey into space
> will go on.  -- President Bush, Feb 1 2003
>

> --
Pete Ryland
http://pdr.cx/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk