[Gllug] redhat-config-printer: I can't configure a working printer!

Thomas Charles Robinson robinstc at ocean.com.au
Wed Feb 19 13:30:10 UTC 2003

Thanks for the help so far but I'm still not able to print. This is
frustrating least because I can't write documents on linux anymore if I
want to be able print them.

I've done a cat /etc/group > /dev/lp0 which works fine so it must be the
spooler, right?

In the spool directory (/var/spool/lpd/hplj4/) I get an error in the
lpq.0 file:

---8<---
at /usr/sbin/lpdomatic line 812, <KID4_IN> line 48.' at 16:03:07.604
---8<---

This seems to be a consistent error for all print jobs. i.e. all jobs
drop the error at line 812 in /usr/sbin/lpdomatic. This is a perl script
but my knowledge of how all this hangs together is limited let alone my
perl experience. Is this the real problem or just a red (hat) herring?

Can someone help please?

Thanks,

t.

--
Thomas Robinson - IT Director Constant Stream

   Integration, Support, Development and Training
   Linux, Oracle, Windows

   (Daedalus Compass Pty Ltd)            Cell: +44 (0)7879 428 968
   24 Kelvin Court, Kelvin Drive         Work: +44 (0)20 8891 6262
   Twickenham, Middlesex, TW1 2AH        Fax:  +44 (0)20 8891 6363
   United Kingdom                        Home: +44 (0)20 8892 6631

   CONFIDENTIALITY: Copyright (C). This message with any appended or
   attached material is intended for addressees only and may not be
   copied or forwarded to or used by other parties without permission.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk