[Gllug] new debian installation - sound setup ?

Walid Shaari Walid at melinux.com
Wed Jan 29 07:58:21 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-01-28 at 16:13, Xander D Harkness wrote:

> It is going to be less work to convert all to Debian.  I also get things like
> courier and cyrus prepackaged :-)  I thought I would start out with my
> desktop just to get used to the system.  mmmmmm lovely things like X to
> configure and sound.  I wonder what replaces printtool?  I also had to have a
> look to see what network cards are running in each box!

mmh! is there a cross-reference table relating the different admin
tools, config files, and init-scripts in different distribution to each
other?

If there isn't maybe we should start one at least between debiin, and
redhat.

> It has to be more exciting than tomorrow (Exim, XML and PostgreSQL for
> automatic database updates from email :-)

do you parse your emails, and restructure them in XML? could you share
with us that part :)

TIA

Walid

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk