[Gllug] new debian installation - sound setup ?

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Tue Jan 28 17:11:41 UTC 2003

Ashley Evans wrote:
> Well, it's always good to see somebudy move to the light :)
>
> The module you need for that cards is the emu10k1.
>

>>On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 03:52:39PM +0000, Sean Burlington wrote:
>>>I'm running
>>>
>>>Debian GNU testing/unstable
>>>
>>>proc/pci
>>>
>>>   Bus  0, device 14, function  0:
>>>     Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10k1 (rev 7).

hmm... should have spotted that really !
I had to add myself to the audio group and reconfigure xmms but I now
have music :)

I'm getting there now ...

X, mouse, network, apache/php/mysql, openoffice, mozilla, plugins, java,
webcam, sound ...

I've deviated in a couple af place from the path of free software ...

and there is still a lot to learn about apt

but I think I now have eveything I need :-)

it's taken a couple of days though - that's as bad as a closed system
install !

and I still have to set up a bunch of modprobes to happen at boot

--

Sean

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk