[Gllug] BETT

Martin Stevens budgester at budgester.com
Fri Jan 10 08:18:59 UTC 2003

Well, I went to BETT on Wednesday, and whilst looking around was quite
disgusted by the amount of Windows XP on display, the kit in the school
that I work in will never be able to run XP.

However I did see a Mandrake installation on the Dell stand.

So for people on the list yes there is someone in secondary education
who is on the Linux side, and I am planning on a pilot project of Open
Office, this is going to be done sometime over the next term hopefully,
and then I'll start on open source school domination.

Currently running at school:

Smoothwall
Debain + Exim for smtp mail delivery.
2 Cobalt Qube's

I'm looking to move away from Novell, so it looks like some sort of
Linux + Samba.

I'll keep you informed.

Budgester

--
"Microsoft is not the Borg. The Borg have better tech support."
http://budgester.homeip.net/budge/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk