[Gllug] Multiple X servers

John Hearns john.hearns at cern.ch
Mon Jan 6 10:56:35 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 10:37, rich at annexia.org wrote:

> I mean the USB support needed to be compiled into the kernel, not
> modular.

I don't wish to be argumentative, honestly.

But on a stock Redhat system, which has an Airkey keyboard on the PS/2
socket I just plugged in a Happy Hacking on a USB port.
I'm using it now.
lsmod reports:

mousedev                5076   1
keybdev                 2688   0  (unused)
hid                    20132   0  (unused)
input                   5504   0  [mousedev keybdev hid]
usb-uhci               23564   0  (unused)
usbcore                69664   1  [hid usb-uhci]
ext3                   61440   6
jbd                    46932   6  [ext3]
lvm-mod                59616   9

Wonder why your setup didn't like being modular?
Is it the hotplug setup?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk