[Gllug] Recommendations for network card and adsl modem (or router)

Norman Duncan normand at teleline.es
Fri Jan 17 23:02:03 UTC 2003

Hi

>I'd like some recommendations for a decent external ADSL modem (or router)
>plus network card. I only have a standalone PC at home. There are plans for
>a network but that probably won't happen this year.

I have a 3com  Officeconnect 812  ADSL router working fine with Suse 8.1 from my internal laptop ethernet connection (though it comes with a card for a PC).

It was no trouble to set up and has worked continuously for the last 3 months.
I use it only for personal system though it has the capacity for a network.

Norm

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk