[Gllug] Black day

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Thu Jan 16 18:49:43 UTC 2003

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Dylan wrote:

> But the copyright on Peter Pan was not /stolen/! JM Barrie left it GOS
> hospital in his will - the 1988 law simply makes sure that that situation
> remains. How can you not like performance rights payments going to support a
> hospital?

After 1987 it was not his to leave to anyone. His right to control the
work ended when the copyright on it ended.

Hospitals are supposed to be supported out of taxes - we certainly pay
enough taxes via NI and income tax.

While JM Barrie's copyright existed donating the money raised was all fine
and well however he understoon when he did so that it was to be for a
finite amount of time.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/			Sign Up Now
UKPOST.COM	 	           get your @ukpost.com address now...