[Gllug] BETT at Olympia

Chris Ball chris at void.printf.net
Fri Jan 3 14:29:54 UTC 2003

>> On Fri, 03 Jan 2003 14:11:58, Tethys <tet at accucard.com> said:

   > Both are accurate descriptions, yet one is deemed acceptable, and
   > one not. Why? Is there some sensible explanation, or is it just
   > political correctness rearing its ugly head?

I'm told that this is owing to the etymology of ``handicapped'' being
the phrase ``capped hands'', which has begging implications; not that
I - or, I imagine, the majority of people using the word - would have
thought of that.  :-)

- Chris.
--
$a="printf.net";  Chris Ball | chris at void.$a | www.$a | finger: chris@$a