[Gllug] Switches

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Tue Jan 7 18:24:01 UTC 2003

On Tue 07 Jan Tethys wrote:
> Doug Winter writes:
> >But you can put anything you like in the headers if you use a decent
> >MUA?  Or have I misunderstood?
>
> You've misunderstood. I was marvelling that someone had managed to get
> a company to accept a disclaimer in the headers. Every time I've proposed
> this, I've been shot down by various corporate legal types who insist
> that the disclaimer needs to be in the main body of the message.

heh.  i twigged that when i read my own email when it (eventually) made
it back to me.  d'oh.

not surprised that the corporate legal types said that though.  they are
professionally risk-averse and completely uninterested in anything
outside their purview.  sounds like you know this already :)

> At the moment, I've been able to resist pressure to add disclaimers to
> our corporate email. I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to hold
> out though.

i had to really put my foot down on this one a few years ago.  some
clueless people argued strongly for a disclaimer on the grounds that a
big disclaimer "made us look more professional".  which just showed how
professional they were, imho :)

d.

--
Ceçi n'est pas une cuillère
key 1024D/6973E2CF print 2C95 66AD 1596 37D2 41FC 609F 76C0 A4EC 6973 E2CF