[Gllug] Any BSD users on here?

Steve Nicholson yahoogroups at yoursolutions.com
Fri Jan 24 17:10:02 UTC 2003

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 16:28:08 +0000 Jim Bailey wrote:
> I was talking out of my arse as usual but as usual some kind soul put
> me right and gave a good link.  This jail idea seem really smart, I
> haven't read the full paper yet but I intend to later today.
>
> I must spend more time with BSD it might even let me get on better
> with OS X.
>
> Many Thanks Steve. :)

No worries, I wouldn't have said you were talking out of your rear, I
didn't give enough information about the jail thing and finding out
about chroot was very useful to me. So we have both learnt something
from the experience.  Yes the jail is a great idea for the ISP, it's a
bit of a pain in the arse for me as I don't know that much about Linux
and less about BSD so spend a lot of wasted time floundering round in a
sea of frustration!  It does reduce our hardware cost by providing a
managed hardware server service and makes life easier if you're not in
town/country when the thing breaks down.

thanks gain for your reply.
Steve.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk