[Gllug] BBC looking for campaigners

Bernard Peek bap at shrdlu.com
Mon Jul 28 21:49:05 UTC 2003

In message <11819F046D58D61199880000E2229BFFAFFD21 at BIEMAIL>, Adrian
McMenamin <Adrian.McMenamin at britainineurope.org.uk> writes

>I would love to tell you that would work, but I'm not convinced. In
>my experience with my daughters' school, the staff are highly
>reliant on the governors for any additional IT expertese (or their
>partners, as with me) and those people are all Windows-only.
>When i talked to them about 'nix I was regarded as coming from
>the Planet Anorak.

The cost-saving argument isn't as strong when you are talking to a
school. They get academic prices for their software licenses.

  Manager, Trainer & Author. Will work for money.                                --
Bernard PeekLondon, UK. DBA, Manager, Trainer  & Author. Will work for
money.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk