[Gllug] Gartner :-(

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jul 24 20:17:21 UTC 2003

On Thursday 24 Jul 2003 6:06 pm, Mike Brodbelt wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 16:50, John Hearns wrote:
> > Well, it had to happen I suppose. And Gartner does have influence.
>
> Unfortunately. Of all the analyst groups, Gartner is the one that
> consistently demonstrates idiocy above and beyond the call of duty. It's
> mind-boggling to watch them at work. I wonder if I claimed Microsoft
> stole code from me and put it in Windows, then filed a lawsuit, Gartner
> would advise everyone to avoid Windows without a shred of evidence. I
> can't make up my mind whether they're being paid by Microsoft, or
> whether they're really that stupid...
>
> Mike.

As you said - "idiocy"!

It doesn't take long (if you can be bothered) to see the pieces of code that
M$ stole.  I know of several companies that threatened M$ with IP lawsuits
that were bought by Bill Gates.

Perhaps SCO are pointing their lawyers in the wrong direction.  If they are so
desparate to be bought out, they should sue M$ for the pieces of UNIX that
are part of NT!

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk