[Gllug] Problems reading Rev Rumble's posts

Mark Williams mark.666 at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jul 29 16:34:17 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 29 Jul 2003 4:53 pm, David Damerell wrote:
[snip]
> >In which case Outlook does allow you to read and post to the groups so
> >fulfils that requirement.
>
> Er, no. It has a number of problems with article display (as triggered
> this discussion), and it is hard to make it produce well-formatted
[snip]

I think you'll find it was Evolution not handling standards that triggered
this, not Outlook :)

Try working inside a supposedly secure large network with IP's based on the
reserved 10.x.x.x & conflicting mail setups with X.400 & ESMTP trying to
coexist, and everyone being given 'free' M$ products - you might then feel
less didactic about which mail client is used, and how trivial this is in the
larger scheme of things. NHS-net certainly shows you how the less IT-aware
live.

It may well be that OE users know little - I think showing them a better way
is good, & doing it nicely would have been better.

--
Mark Williams
                       _

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk