[Gllug] backup solution

Martin A. Brooks martin at clues.ltd.uk
Tue Jul 8 19:18:36 UTC 2003

At 17:29 08/07/2003, you wrote:
>Ideally, I wouldn't spend more than £100-200 including 50Gb of backup
>capacity, although I know I may have to compromise here. Even more

Yes, you will. This is DLT levels of data. DLT drives and tapes are not
cheap, but they are worth it.

>ideally, it would be external, although not if it costs more.
>
>Should I buy new?  If second-hand, where can I look?

On the one hand you recognise you have a problem, on the other you want to
solve it on the cheap.  Either your data is worth the 1500ukp you'll need
to get a DLT solution or it isn't.

Buying second-hand kit is fine if it comes with a warranty, you won't get
that from E-Bay.

Martin A. Brooks, Clues Ltd
http://www.clues.ltd.uk/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk