[Gllug] New twist in SCO saga

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jun 15 20:07:34 UTC 2003

On Sunday 15 Jun 2003 11:17 am, Alistair Mann inscribed:

> Basically, 'an anonymous source' at SCO claims that Linux kernel code was
> copied into the LKP in SCO Unix without the attendant responsibilities
> required by the GPL. That is, SCO made the same IP violation for which
> they're suing IBM.
>
> No evidence is presented; no names are mentioned. If the site didn't make
> the story up, there's nothing to suggest they weren't fooled into writing
> it. - --

Unfortunately, it's true!  This was verified privately to me just a few days
ago by an SCO employee who's an old friend.  Rumour has it (inside SCO) that
the company is "not telling the full story on the Balance Sheet", and is in
financial difficulty.

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk