[Gllug] bringing equipment in to UK?

Steve Nicholson yahoogroups at yoursolutions.com
Wed Jun 4 13:28:34 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-06-04 at 01:18, Alistair Mann wrote:
> That's brave, trusting servers to the tender cares of Airline baggage
> handlers...

I'm advising them to wrap em up warm:).

Thanks for your replies on this.  I called customs and since the servers
will be left here they need to pay VAT when they bring them in.  They
also said we need to sort out a broker to meet the guy at the airport
when he arrives in the red lane to make sure it's all done correctly.
Found a broker (£80 not as bad as I expected) and he was very pleased we
contacted him before bringing the gear in.  Sounds like people have
problems just turning up with it and not having someone to sort it out
for them.  I think making the payment is the big problem, they don't
take credit card over £1000.

thanks again.
Steve.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk