[Gllug] IDE RAID

andy at mac1systems.com andy at mac1systems.com
Wed Jun 11 16:20:11 UTC 2003

Two things...

Speed and reliability.

Go for the new 133 drives (serial ATA?), but even these are slower than
scsi drives (7000rpm against 10,000rpm).

IDE drive manufacturers now only give 1 year warranty on IDE drives (3yrs
SCSI) and I'm sure they aren't as reliable as thye used to be!

How much more expensive is SCSI?  Price per meg?  Price per hour you fixing
it?

Andy

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk