role of UKUUG (was: [Gllug] EDUCASHUN NEWS)

John Hearns jhearns at freesolutions.net
Thu Jun 12 10:44:29 UTC 2003

> How about a UKUUG sponsored project to reverse engineer/... the RM
protocols.
> Since (AFIK) RM don't operate outside of the UK, no one else will do it.
>
> Any volunteers to get together to do the work ? It would look good on a
CV.

I would shy away from this.

But I would raise the issue of an educational Linux distro again.
We talked about the French  Debian-based distro last summer.
There's also Knoppix, which GLLUGites all like.
How about an educational-biased Knoppix?
We hand this out at shows, or pass on to teachers (and pupils!).

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk