role of UKUUG (was: [Gllug] EDUCASHUN NEWS)

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Thu Jun 12 10:32:05 UTC 2003

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 11:01:42AM +0100, Niall Mansfield wrote:
> At first when I read Alain's msg. (below) I thought "hmmm, we're
> getting off topic here" but on reflection, I believe this type of
> issue is core to UKUUG.  Opening doors that were previously closed to
> UNIX/Linux is part of the advocacy that UKUUG is about.  Doing so in
> an educational context is particularly important as it influences the
> next generation.

How about a UKUUG sponsored project to reverse engineer/... the RM protocols.
Since (AFIK) RM don't operate outside of the UK, no one else will do it.

Any volunteers to get together to do the work ? It would look good on a CV.

--
Alain Williams

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

FATHERS-4-JUSTICE - Campaigning for equal rights for parents and the
best interests of our children. See http://www.fathers-4-justice.org

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk