[Gllug] Scanning

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Wed Jun 11 09:37:14 UTC 2003

Hi

I realise this is totally off-topic,  but if anyone has any useful info
that could save me a lot of time hunting around, it would be much appreciated.

The problem is that one of our customer in France wants to us to scan various
shiping-related documents and then email the scans to them, rather than faxing
or posting at present.

We have experience of using an HP USB scanner on a Windows PC and the whole
process sems painfully slow.  Fine if you want to scan just a few sheets,
but if more than a few are involved the process seems to take forever.

Anyone had experience with scanners who can suggest best hardware to use ?

Tim

The E-Mail and any files transmitted  with it, are confidential
whom they are addressed. If you have received this message
in error please notify the sender and delete the message.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk