[Gllug] EU patents

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jun 30 23:24:37 UTC 2003

On Monday 30 Jun 2003 11:42 pm, Daniel Ahrens wrote:

> Geez, what a dim view of 'the Real World [TM]'. The silent majority is
> doing no-one any favours. Only by engaging can you make a difference.

/snip/

Agreed.  However, the disparate (and warring) factions in the OS world have to
get together and bury their differences.  As long as the monolithic M$ can
see that we're not organised, it can continue to line Bill's pockets.

> Doesn't the fact that
> you are on this list signify that you DO believe that change is possible?
> :)

Yes, change is almost inevitable.  M$ and the major manufacturers are
colluding to make Windoze "hardware locked".  Most computer purchasers won't
be happy with this, and when they introduce their own BIOS, even the computer
manufacturers will begin to think long and hard about Microshaft's
interference in their businesses.....

I got involved with "alternative" OS's many years ago, and firmly believe that
*nix is the way to go....  However, you must remember - "Betamax" was a far
superior domestic video system, and look what the vested interests foisted
upon us!

 Chris

 "It doesn't matter who you vote for, the "Government" always gets in!"
 - Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Bnd

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk