[Gllug] Small installation

Ian Norton bredroll at darkspace.org.uk
Tue Jun 24 21:37:20 UTC 2003

use potato,

I have gotten a working system up and running in about 120 mb, (486 dx50 8mb
ram 120mb)

once you have installed the base stuff and it has rebooted, dont install
anything, just finish with the installer by selecting 0 packages etc,

try to avoid anything emacs :-) it will eat your disk up quickly :-)

good luck,

Ian

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 09:13:26PM +0100, Rich Walker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I keep finding myself wanting to set up another box in a Debian
> environment (i.e., all the other boxes are running it). Particular
> requirements: <500MB disk space, needs to run X, needs to *not* be an
> X-term only, as I'll probably want to run some other stuff on the box. I
> particularly want to do this with machines with <120MB disk space
>

> Anyone got any preferred starting points for doing this?
>
> cheers, Rich.
>

> --
> rich walker | technical person | Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
> front-of-tshirt space to let     251 Liverpool Road   |
>                                  London  N1 1LX       | +UK 20 7700 2487
>
> --

----- Message of the Hour ------
Moooo :-)