[Gllug] They worked brilliantly

Adam Bower abower at thebowery.co.uk
Sat Mar 1 10:16:03 UTC 2003

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 03:38:03PM +0000, Mark Lowes wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-02-28 at 15:49, Andrew Halliwell wrote:
> > And verily, didst Neil Fryer announce to the hordes:
> > >
> > > Make me wonder why all these kinda things are coming to this list?
>
> Because spamassassin didn't think it was spam.
>
> On the bright side I'm planning to upgrade the core spamscanner next
> week to 2.50 and I might turn on bayes autolearning to see if that
> helps.
>
> > Aye, the list should have a subscriber only block on posting.
>
> Been round this loop (please read the archives), I think the last time
> this came up the view amongst those who responded was that the list
> should remain open.

one possible addition to this is to add +2 onto the spam-status for postings
from unsubscribed addresses, so that most list mail will come through as normal
but the increased value in spam assassin should get pretty much everything.
Although on the other side you may still get the occaisional spam so it can
never be perfect.

Adam
--
"Step away from the Cathedral, This Bazaar is loaded"
jabberid = quinophex at jabber.earth.li

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk