[Gllug] They worked brilliantly

Mark Lowes hamster at korenwolf.net
Sat Mar 1 14:25:52 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-03-01 at 10:16, Adam Bower wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 03:38:03PM +0000, Mark Lowes wrote:
> > Been round this loop (please read the archives), I think the last time
> > this came up the view amongst those who responded was that the list
> > should remain open.
>
> one possible addition to this is to add +2 onto the spam-status for postings
> from unsubscribed addresses, so that most list mail will come through as normal

Non-trivial.  This would mean I need to hook in a whitelist of addresses
from mailman (on one machine) to the spamscanner (on another).  To be
frank it's not going to happen.

> but the increased value in spam assassin should get pretty much everything.
> Although on the other side you may still get the occaisional spam so it can
> never be perfect.

We're not exactly getting much spam through at the moment, we could of
course turn of the spam trapping which is happening at the mailman level
so the list can see just how much is getting caught but I don't think
anyone would particularly enjoy that experiment.

    Mark

--
The Flying Hamster <hamster at korenwolf.net>     http://www.korenwolf.net/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk