[Gllug] More fetchmail/sendmail questions

Adrian McMenamin Adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Sun Mar 2 14:54:57 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-03-02 at 13:24, Xander D Harkness wrote:

> Can you throw in your fetchmail config (normally only one line) minus
> the passwords ;-)
>
> Kind regards
> Xander

~/.fetchmailrc is....

poll pop3.demon.co.uk protocol pop3:
   user "adrian at mcmen" there has password "nottelling"
        is "Adrian" here keep

As I am just testing I am keeping the email on the pop server (so
evolution can download it normally) and I am just invoking fetchmail
from the command line.

If I substitute "root" for "Adrian" then the email is successfully
delivered to root. But basically I cannot send mail to "Adrian" at all -
even if I type, say "mail Adrian" as root - the email bounces - so i
don't think it is a fetchmail problem as such.

If invoke "mail" from the command line when logged in as Adrian - this
is what I get:

[Adrian at landslide Adrian]$ mail Adrian
Subject: test
This is a test email
.
Cc:
[Adrian at landslide Adrian]$ /home/Adrian/dead.letter... Saved message in
/home/Adrian/dead.letter

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk