[Gllug] Wireless ADSL modems

Dan Kolb dankolb at ox.compsoc.net
Tue Mar 18 12:40:03 UTC 2003

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 11:37:10AM +0000, David Irvine wrote:
> Hello
>
> 1) Has anybody used a wireless adsl router, they start from about 120 on
> dabs and work up to about 200UK.

Yes. I've got an ActionTec wireless DSL router (available from Dabs for about
£150 inc. VAT), and it works very well - I've had no problems with it. It has
some firewalling capabilities too (whether or not you trust them is another
matter). I have run an nmap on the external-facing side, and it hasn't found
any ports open. (try: nmap spookhive.demon.co.uk)

> 2) How successful has portforwarding been?

I've never tried this. I guess it should just work, though :-)

Dan

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk