[Gllug] Recruit scum

Pete Ryland pdr at pdr.cx
Sun Mar 16 10:55:25 UTC 2003

On Sun, Mar 16, 2003 at 09:05:38AM +0000, Mark Preston wrote:
> Hi Pete,

Hi Mark,

> I wish I'd not sent any of these postings

Why ever not?  I've learnt[1] something for one, and maybe someone else has
too.  And all without flamage. :-)

> because I misread your first post and got the wrong end of the stick. The
> fault lies squarely with the clueless "recruit scum".

Or perhaps it's the software they use to catalog the docs.

> The frustrating thing I find is that if you try asking for .rtf files to
> be sent instead of .doc files it almost always gets ignored by the same
> types who like spamming with .docs.

As easy as it might be, that is a lot to ask considering they probably don't
understand the problem, and probably think you're being awkward for the sake
of it.  *sigh*

Pete

[1] well, been corrected at least.
--