Is NOT anymore : [Gllug] Stop the War march this Saturday 22nd

Formi formi at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Mar 18 10:17:23 UTC 2003

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003, Peter Adamson wrote:

> Dermot Moynihan wrote:
>
> > http://www.stopwar.org.uk/
> >
> > Sorry to be so blatantly off topic but somethings are a little more
> > important than rules.
> > For warmongers judicious use of the delete key is recommended.
> >
> > Rgds
> > Dermot
> >

> Just out of interest is there a Linuxy anti-war mailing list.
> It would stop people from (complaing about) / (making) off topic posts.
>
> "Drop Micr$oft not bombs" sound nice.....
> --Peter

 People manage to do it, however I can't imagine being a GPL, BSD license
 supporter without having strong political opinions. The Linux and BSDs
 communities are all about "freedom" that in the software world was
 hijacked by greedy commercial interest, ie "us citizens and cos started
 it", (RMS-Xerox incident and similar).

 So, I guess most people using software released by the above 2 licenses
 are against ALL military actions, the rest are unable to see the whole
 picture and notice all wars nowdays are only driven for and by
 economic interesets.

 What would be the point in having a Linux anti-war mailing list?

 -
 - What is politics?, politics is you.
                                      Albert Camus, French Philosopher.

 Formi
 FreeBSD 4.7 ThinkPad 570               He who for pleasure dies,
 Linux Registered User #235743                 even death enjoys.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk