[Gllug] Mail client + M$ Exchange

David Pashley david at parguild.co.uk
Wed Mar 26 11:46:14 UTC 2003

Neil Fryer said, and I quote:
> Hi All,
>
> Apart from Ximian Evolution, is there any way to connect to our Exchange
> server to get my mail, and if so where the hell can I find some info on
> this, as my Google searches just keep giving me links to the Ximian site.
> The Exchange box is running IMAP, but I have no idea how to set up my
> username on the linux side, as my Windows network username is nfryer, but
> when I use this, and my passwd, I get denied?

You probably need a client that can do NTLM authentication. I don't know
off hand which clients do. I would imagine that mozilla mail can, but I
don't use it.

I believe that there is the ability to talk to an exchange server in
KDE, but I don't know if it is in KDE 3.1.1 or in the unreleased 3.2. I
think the latter. I'm also not sure if it allows access to your mail or
just your calander and contacts.

You could ask your sys admin to set up OWA which is a website front end
for exchange. I don't know if it relies on ActiveX or not.

Hope some of that helps.

--
David Pashley
david at davidpashley.com