[Gllug] Recruit scum

Andrew Halliwell ah at gnd.com
Tue Mar 18 10:04:29 UTC 2003

And verily, didst Tethys announce to the hordes:
> Yep, been there, done that: "You've sent me a plain text CV, I can't edit
> that. Can you resend in Word?". No, I'm not making this up...

When I was job hunting after university, I sent a plain text file to some
recruitment scum, along with a letter explaining I didn't have a means to
produce doc files.

They replied saying "please send as a doc file", to which I replied asking
"Why ask me to send as a doc file rather than a universally readable .txt
file? I explained in my initial letter I didn't have a means of producing
doc files."

To which they replied accusing me of being "rude" and said they were striking
me from their books.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk